background

Pages

Saturday, April 4, 2009

It's pretty much an off day...

Sometimes I wonder if I have an invisible target painted on my head that reads "If you please sir; I have bad luck, pull me over.  Drop a hammer on my foot. Pull me aside for questioning. Steal my purse. Bring on the HOT coffee all over my lap." 
    Last weekend we got pulled over three times in one night, for our lovely broken headlight, actually we were pulled over twice in a half an hour time span. (Both of the cops were pretty nice but twice, no three times!?) I wish I had ten bucks for each time I heard "well that's not how we do things at my department, I'm gonna have to write you a warning."  I think I could make a pretty decent income off of those words.  I know, I know I am starting to sound bitter here. (I'M REALLY NOT!) It was just too funny...then day two; I get pulled over for putting my seatbelt on while pulling out of a parking lot. I almost had a melt down (actually. . . . I think I did have a melt down) right on the spot! To top off the fact that I got a ticket while pulling out of a parking lot....I was only crossing the road.  I know some of you sitting there reading this are thinking well you did break the law.... and you're right, and I guess I did deserve it. (I just like to complain) It just seemed like Murphy's law was at work, and so I had to laugh. Soo I decided it's pretty much an off day for me if I don't get pulled over by some sort of local authority.  And that is my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment