background

Pages

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Waiting on the bobber...



A small fishing trip......










    The temperature: perfect.  The weather: splendid.  The time: couldn't be better!  M had been waiting for weeks to go fishing. She had begged us. Now the time had come. . . and he little faced glowed.  So we decided to pack up our gear (at least that is what I think you call fishing stuff) and headed to the pond. Wait, back up a couple of steps; we didn't have a fishing license so we stopped and got those and then went to the pond.  OK back to the trip.  Actually, if I am honest, I just tagged along for the photo opportunities the trip might provide.  So "they" picked out the perfect shady spot...they just knew the fish would be biting.  So we sat and waited on someone's bobber to dunk below the glassy surface of the water.  This suited me just fine...I had my camera with me.  M. however started to itch with boredom.  Nothing. No fish. The bobbers didn't so much as twitch.  They sat starting at the red and white plastic orb that remained afloat, motionless in its silent laughter.  One hour went passed by us. No movement.  M began to get restless...it started as a soft murmur as she began to sing to the fish.  Silence.  She decided to reel it in and cast again, and again............... and again.  Once more for 
good measure just incase the fish were unaware of the yummy worm she had waiting for them.  Hour two slowly started to pass as we all waited on the motionless orbs floating on the surface. I decided to read to pass the minutes . . . looking up from time to time. Nothing.  M started throwing rocks- at her bobber. The excitement was gone, the waiting had become tedious.  Her pole started a slow decline towards the water's surface, each minute pulling it slowly downward.  We moved. . . . . No movement.  Nothing. 
Then, gasp, a small tug! Another.  She reeled in the line to find waiting on the end a beautiful. . . . . . . . . . . . stick.  That was it. For her the trip was over.  Poor thing. If nothing else our dear little friend learned a bit of patience.  :) It was still a beautiful day. . . . and a fun trip.  I had a great time taking shots of  their impatient expressions, while they waited ever so patiently for a mere stick to bite! Tee heeeee he.  I did a photo shoot of M for her mother earlier this week. I will give y'all a peek later.  Have a glorious day! 






No comments:

Post a Comment